Saturday 21 March 2020

Day Five

Today took us to Brimham rocks.
Its so beautiful there and an amazing place to scramble and slide and generally behave like big kids.

We had a nice ish picnic and headed home as it started to get a bit busy.

At home i'm finding myself more inclined to stop and cuddle the children (!) which has led to some good connection time. I have resolved to stop sulking and start planning for the next few weeks so that i've got an idea of what we're going to do by Monday. Stay tuned for hopefully ideas and a timetable.

I gave up instagram for lent before all this went down. I'm so interested to see how things will have changed when I log back on. I follow lots of other parent accounts so I'm excited for extra inspiration and encouragement. Also loving hearing from friends self isolating in all sorts of different places and circumstances, whatever else this situation is, it is incredibly unifying.

My brilliant 80 year old grandmother wrote me a letter in which she referenced post war rationing and the crazy times she has lived through. She ended with the words..

'You aint seen nothing yet!'

 I think shes probably right.


No comments:

Post a Comment