Wednesday 25 March 2020

Day Nine


Quite a lot has changed since I last wrote. Tighter restrictions are now in place.
We felt quite relieved when the information came through. I think the ambiguity of the situation was quite hard to deal with. Now at least we know where we stand and everything has taken on a sort of quiet and gentle rhythm.

Today was the day that our little niece Zoe Elizabeth was laid to rest. She lived for only a short while after her birth, having been diagnosed with anencephaly at 12 weeks of gestation. We couldn’t go to her funeral, so along with many other family and friends, we watched via a livestream.

Its hard to find words to describe how that felt. I just wish I could have been there.
I know so any people will be buried under these reduced guidelines and my heart breaks for all those families.

Meanwhile at home we were enjoying the beautiful weather in the garden and the girls particularly are enjoying more focused time with us. Clara was in tears because she missed preschool yesterday (the irony is not lost on me that she cried before going to preschool everyday the week preceding!) 

We are now self isolating because matt and I have both developed coughs. Feeling very grateful for our garden right now.

We did have some wonderful news yesterday. My sister in law gave birth to a healthy and long awaited little boy!

 Arlo David is a real beauty and we can’t wait to meet him in person. For now though we’ll be following his growth via wattsapp chat.

Made me reflect on how it would feel to bring home a brand new baby into this strange new world we’re living in. We’re so glad he’s here safely though.

art class



the woods near our house are very quiet and good to escape to!


No comments:

Post a Comment