Friday 10 April 2020

Day 25

Good Friday

Trying and failing to engage with Jesus death with three littles underfoot. fielding questions about crucifixion from a four year old (send help).

Yesterday we decorated our easter tree which is a nice tradition, Matts been working hard on various digital church things so hes been a bit out of the picture. we've also been prepping for Claras 4th birthday which falls on Easter sunday! We've got a good pile of presents and matts been editing a hilarious video of lots of friends and family singing to her which is making me laugh and cry little bit.

Last night I watched a live gig of one of my favourite poets Hollie McNish. Loving getting to experience things virtually that I never would have made it to in person, definite silver lining.

I fed the baby in the hammock, hes all chubby armroles and wispy fair hair. He seemed happier today, I can finally see that bloody tooth emerging when I peer into his mouth. Hes changing every day at the moment, its nice that I can watch it unencumbered by nursery runs and other commitments.

It was a nice garden time until we all realised that the grass was full of ants and we had to strip all three children off who had been rolling in the grass and were covered in ant bites!! oops!!

Me and the girls went for another long walk this time found a whole new (to us!) wood on the edge of a quarry with motorbike tracks in the middle, it made for very interesting watching. They are getting so adventurous. All this extra walking and suddenly they are shinning up rocks and trees, enjoying it and growing their rescilience every day.

I genuinely enjoyed spending time with them, they were fun and we were all so present in the moment. The way they relate to each other is changing as well now that they are limited to one another. I'm seeing the fruit starting to emerge, a bit of extra kindness for each other here and there.



Later on I baked hot cross buns (I am a notoriously terrible baker so I hope no one breaks a tooth!)

Love to everyone as we all prepare for a very different Easter.





No comments:

Post a Comment