Tuesday 7 April 2020

Day 21

I've lost my book and everything feels chaotic today. A shanty town of play tents has appeared in the living room and I feel claustrophobic and desperate for some time away from the children.

I thought I might have had more energy in this season of slow starts and gentle activities but I actually have less.

It turns out that I'm just not very good at slow and gentle! as an extrovert fuelled with interaction and new things. In isolation I'm getting none of the stimulation I normally take for granted and I'm feeling it.

Might also have something to do with the baby who is teething like you would not believe. He needs me at night so I am currently up all hours.

We've been doing  a lot of playing doctors recently with some chat about all the 'poorly people'. My favourite comment came from Sylvie who looked deeply perplexed and said..

'Maybe we should just get the poorly people a plaster to make them feel better? Then we could go to the swimming pool and cafes again?'

Don't worry, i'm emailing Boris the suggestion.

The day was saved in the end by my  afternoon walk. Leo was finally happy when he was in the sling facing me dummy firmly in place and Matt kept the girls.

The woods were sundappled and felt magically removed from plague and pestilence.
Before all this happened I was a bit snooty about this little wood. It has some oaks and a few slightly scraggy Birches thrown in and is pretty unassuming generally.

Now these same woods are like a magical fairy grotto offering space and escape. We've been  exploring them most days the last two weeks and they keep revealing new secrets, climbing and minibeast hunting spots. Interesting carvings on rocks and squirrel nests.

We strolled around taking it in, both humming a bit, enjoying the normal feelings and forgetting for a little while.


hoping everyone is holding up well and enjoying the sunshine as much as possible <3 span="">

this lasted 2.5 seconds before they got bored 

shanty tents 


escaping to the woods 

No comments:

Post a Comment