Friday 10 April 2020

Day 23


Today was a good day.

Me and the children went on an epic walk, I forgot the dummy and the sling but even so we coped and even had fun!

As we were walking past a house with a beautiful front garden I complimented the owner and she dug up a plant for me (leaving it at a respectable distance of course!)
We dropped off a present on the doorstep for one of the girls little friends and got to see her smile as she opened it.

On our walk back we exchanged chatter with the people we saw in their gardens.
We arrived home to a parcel of books that Matt had ordered, including a surprise one for me (books are my love language).

The baby napped in the back garden and the girls disappeared off and played at being cats on holiday (an inexplicable yet consistently popular game of theirs.)
We were able to do some shopping for a vulnerable lady who lives locally. She keeps chickens and gave me a full box of freshly laid eggs.

The sun shone and the world felt like a kind place again.

Once the children were in bed Matt and I rocked in the hammock as the sun set and we talked. Phones left inside, hoovering left undone 













No comments:

Post a Comment