Wednesday 13 May 2020

May 13


Still here, feeling a bit despondent this week.

Last week the sun shone the paddling pool was out and I really felt like I was smashing this parenting in lockdown thing.

This week we are all tired despite the extra sleep. There have been many Tantrums and emotional outbursts (and that’s just me!).

I just feel on a less even footing, and the announcement at the weekend felt confusing and so far off what I wanted to hear.

I am making tentative plans to meet with a friend to walk and another to cycle which is exciting, but it does make me reflect on all that we are missing out on.

I am also feeling quite embarrassed to be English right now. Embarrassed by this government who I did not vote for or want and for our desertion of the EU (see previous)  its painful to see the lies and mistakes being told and made. I feel I have lost faith in democracy and it is making me feel very uncomfortable.

On the positive side of things I am enjoying more time to read and cycling. We also installed a basketball net which has been a lot of fun.

I wonder if anyone else is feeling a bit down this week? We’ve been doing this so long now that we can forget what we’ve achieved so far.

 I love looking back at my phone pictures.
 Little snapshots of beauty in these never ending days.




such a mess all the time!!!

loose parts play



in the treehouse 

keep having to wake this one up from danger naps

peter rabbit small world 

sums them both up!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment