Tuesday 22 June 2010

2 Timothy 1:7

I have a verse for the summer!!!

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."


2 Timothy 1:7

I think this summer God has enrolled me in a sort of personal peace school. worry is a big problem for me and as soon as I arrived back home I was overcome with fear for all the things I have to achieve and take responsibility for.

this is unfortunate since worry happens to be something Jesus is pretty specific about on a number of occasions;

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes...Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" Luke 12

yeah...not much wiggle room there then! I found the Timothy verse last night and I think it sums up what I want to learn this summer - a powerful and disciplined love which knows nothing of fear and timidity but is open to a life full of Jesus inspired chances and possibilities.

ooo and I have a job on the domestic staff of a boarding school! exciting times!



Sunset in St Peters Churchyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment